The Pride Of The Nation

It seems the Maldivian Nation has a thing for tradition. This huge emotional love towards what we did in the past and how things used to be before. We do not seek to change this 'style of living' that we hide behind the word 'tradition'. What I ask myself everyday is, why the hell do we even look back at it? For there hasn't been a single thing we haven't screwed up.

Our so called 'traditions' that the people respect are indeed so sick, that sometimes i wish i wasn't a Maldivian. To be honest there have been rarely a few moments in my life that i felt a little bit close to being in Love with this place.

We Maldivians do not look for change and we definitely do not allow it. So many youth geniuses with ideas that would've changed this Nation Forever, of course in a positive manner I should say, have been denied the chance. We are not allowed to express ourselves due to the fact that we have a "Tradition" But what really has this tradition lead us to? I do not see a fucking bit of advancement in us! Most people might ask me If I'm blind to see everything that has been going on around us all these years. Maybe I am wrong, maybe I would not know everything that goes on. But the only thing I know is that this place should have people with far more better eyesight to see what is going on around us. Maybe we do, but our "tradition" would not allow us to see, because we have been brought up not to see anything they do not want us to see.

0 comments: